Then, bring your talent to the Capitol Theatre on June 1 and June 2 for the
2016 Acappella & Unplugged auditions! GRAND PRIZE is $500!
- Performers–ages 2 to 102–are invited to audition.
- Acts can be solo or groups–vocal or unplugged instrumental. Just be sure you can carry your instrument as you walk onstage, and it does not require electricity.
- Acts must be appropriate for a variety of ages and be celebratory–lively and inspiring–something that makes an audience feel good and come to life.
Auditions are scheduled for June 1, 6-9 PM, and June 2 at 8-10 PM at the Capitol Theatre, 155 South Main Street in Chambersburg. It is a closed audition format. Entry fee is $10.
THREE WAYS TO SIGN UP TO AUDITION:
- Eventbrite–quick, easy, and you can do it now. Click here.
- Contact the Franklin County Visitors Bureau at 717.552.2977 or toll-free at 866.646.8060 and sign up.
- Drop by the Visitors Bureau Office, 37 South Main Street, Chambersburg, in person to register and pay.
Here is how Acappella & Unplugged works:
- Top performers from the audition will be invited to perform and compete in Acappella & Unplugged ROUND 1, June 25 @ 7 PM, onstage at the Capitol Theatre, where a panel of judges will select the top six acts.
- From here, in ROUND 2, voting goes public. Beginning Monday, June 27, at noon, friends, family, and the general public can vote by liking the act on Franklin County Visitors Bureau Facebook page–www.Facebook.com/FCVBen.
- The three performers with the highest number of likes will advance to the FINALS and perform on the courthouse steps the evening of July 16 as part of the festivities leading up to the 1864 light show.
- After the performance on the courthouse steps, the WINNER will be selected by tabulating in-person votes and Facebook votes. The act with the most votes wins the $500 prize.
All previous year’s participants, except the winning performers, are invited to return to Acappella & Unplugged 2016.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Visitors Bureau at 717.552.2977 or toll-free at 866.646.8060.