With the opening of FCVB’s 11/30 Center, FCVB will continue telling stories of history and humanity and the sharing the county’s bounty of healthy fresh foods, outdoor recreation and inspiring art and architecture. The opening exhibits of the 11/30 Center will feature:
- Franklin County Bridges, including both wooden-trussed, covered bridges and stone arch bridges
- Remembering War I, using the letters and local story of a Chambersburg solder
- Franklin Fresh, highlighting Franklin County as a leading producer of apples, vegetables, peaches, and milk in Pennsylvania’s breadbasket
- On the Move, showcasing the many ways to enjoy outdoor recreation and beauty across the county with featured destinations for hiking, biking, walking, skiing, golfing, fishing and birding.
- Artisans at Work, spotlighting the inspiration of Franklin County and the prolific multi-media art forms and performances it helps create.
In addition to rotating exhibits, the 11/30 Center will feature a catalog of itineraries for visitors to explore Franklin County. New itineraries will be added each month. Videos to showcase the county’s history, beauty, and culture will be shown daily in one of the bank’s repurposed vaults. Children will enjoy hands-on activities and interactive technologies as they learn and plan how to explore Franklin County. Each month will also include public presentations and activities and bus tours of Franklin County, the South Mountain region, and adjoining areas, offered at no-to-minimum charge.