FCVB needs your best photos to showcase the beauty and appeal of Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, Waynesboro and areas in between. Photos can be indoors or out, a favorite meal, an event, a landmark, a historic site, blossoming trees, fresh food, a veteran memorial, a sunrise or a sunset…just showcase what you love about Franklin County!
Get out your cameras! Be a tourist in your own town!
FCVB will select one of the entries for the 2017-2018 Franklin County Visitors Guide cover. Photo can be portrait or landscape and will be the main image used on the front cover of the visitors guide with finished size of 8.5”x11”. The photographer of the selected photo will receive $250. In addition, the visitors bureau will be selecting photos for the cover of its Franklin Fresh guide and Military Trail of History booklet. Each photo selected for these covers will receive $100. Five runner-up prizes of $50 will also be awarded.
Contest runs August 22, 2016 to March 10, 2017.
- Anyone is eligible to enter; all photos must be taken of Franklin County and Shippensburg.
- Photos must be the original work of the individual submitting the photo/image file.
- Each submission must be made as a digital file and a print photo on photo-quality stock in 8″x10″ or 8″.5×11″. The print photo will be used in selecting the winner, so it is important to have a good quality photo. Each submission must have a completed entry form and release form to be eligible and all digital files must contain the last name of the photographer. Download the ENTRY FORM: Entry Form PDF 2017 Photo Contest. Multiple submissions up to 20 photos may be entered. Image files can be sent using the photographer’s Dropbox or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject PHOTO CONTEST for a Dropbox link to upload the digital file. FCVB will also accept digital images on USB stick or DVD by mail or in-person to: Franklin County Visitors Bureau, 37 South Main Street, Suite 100, Chambersburg PA 17201 (USB sticks will be returned if a self-addressed envelope is included in the submission.) By entering the contest, you are agreeing to provide the Franklin County Visitors Bureau with indefinite and infinite use of the image/photo.
- Entrants in the FCVB Photo Contest agree to the contest rules and accept selections as final.
- Photographs must be received no later than March 10, 2017 to be eligible for the contest.
For additional questions, please contact the Franklin County Visitors Bureau at 717-552-2977 or 866-646-8060.