VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Gallery 50
Gallery 50 is in need of volunteers to help with the gallery and special events! If you are interested, click here!
WE CURRENTLY ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH GALLERY 50 AND SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Gallery Volunteer: Gallery 50 operates with a volunteer staff on the weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit to 3-hour shifts. Duties during a shift can include:
- answering customer questions
- completing sales transactions
- opening/closing the gallery for business
- helping track gallery attendance
- answering the phone
- light cleaning when needed
If you enjoy a quiet, relaxed pace for your volunteer experience, working as a docent on Saturdays or Sundays is ideal—bring a book or a craft project, listen to music, enjoy being surrounded by art, and welcome any visitors.
For a guaranteed lively time, you could help out on Friday nights, when we host live music performances in our adjacent music venue, Music Makers. The gallery is also open then, and refreshments are served.
- Special Events: The arts alliance hosts special events throughout the year, such as Waynesboro’s Got Talent, and other events in the gallery. Special events volunteers help with a variety of tasks that might include refreshments, greeting visitors, ushering, and other assistance as needed.
We are also open to discussing other ways for volunteers to become involved in the organization! Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions on volunteering opportunities.