Renfrew Museum and Park is seeking candidates for Executive Director. The Executive Director acts as CEO of the organization, and reports directly to the non-profit Renfrew Committee Inc’s board of directors. Responsibilities include mission, vision, and values adherence, strategic plan implementation, fundraising and financial development, fiscal management, staff management and development, collections management, and facilities oversight.
Renfrew is a beautifully restored 1800s Pennsylvania German farmstead and 107-acre community park. Located in south central PA, approximately 75 miles from the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area and 25 miles from Gettysburg, Renfrew attracts tens of thousands of visitors per year. Originally given to the Borough of Waynesboro by the Nicodemus family, the last private owners of this property, Renfrew Museum and Park opened in 1975. Renfrew houses the largest public collection of Bell family and Shenandoah pottery in the nation and a fantastic collection of historic tools and artifacts.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Museum, historic preservation, or related experience preferred
- Five or more years senior nonprofit or business management experience preferred
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Renfrew Museum and Park’s strategic plan to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Marketing experience helpful
- Strong collaborative skills and experience necessary
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking skills