Franklin County Visitors Bureau is excited to bring holiday cheer after such a challenging year Join in the holiday spirit at the 2020 Festival of Trees, held in the 11/30 Visitors Center–the former 1865 National Bank of Chambersburg on the square. The festival opens at 4 PM on November 20. Come see beautifully decorated trees and wreaths. Enjoy a holiday train display, courtesy of Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Club, Santa’s Workshop and a Victorian village scene.
Visitors can vote for their favorite tree or wreath as well as participate in the silent auction to take home a tree or wreath. Funds raised will support cancer initiatives of WellSpan Health in Franklin County.
Specific hours of the display are:
- Friday, November 20, 4 PM to 7 PM
- Saturday, November 21, 10 AM-7 PM
- Monday, November 23 thru November 25 – 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Small Business Saturday, November 28 – Open 8 AM to 6 PM
- Monday, November 30, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment
- Tuesday, December 1, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment
- Wednesday, December 2, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment
- Thursday, December 3, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment
- Friday, December 4, 8 AM – 8 PM; voting closes at 7:30 PM; winner announced by 8 PM
Trees and wreaths are being decorated by local businesses and organizations.
Admission to the festival is free. Visitors may voter for their favorite tree or wreath by purchasing four ballots for $1. Silent auction bids can be placed in person, via phone at 866-646-8060 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Silent auction amounts will be displayed in the Visitors Center and online. Current bid amounts will be updated online daily at www.explorefranklincountypa.com. Final votes for favorites and final bids for the silent auction will close at 7:30 PM on December 4 with winners being announced at 8 PM.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to explore history, arts and architecture, recreation, natural beauty, fresh foods and the warm hospitality of communities like Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, and Waynesboro. Franklin County PA is located just north of the Mason Dixon Line and is an easy drive to Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Plan a visit at ExploreFranklinCountyPA.com, contacting 866.646.8060, or stopping by the new Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center on the square in Chambersburg.