Then, bring your talent to the Capitol Theatre on May 23 and May 24 for the
2017 Acappella & Unplugged auditions! GRAND PRIZE is $500!
- Performers–ages 2 to 102–are invited to audition.
- Acts can be solo or groups–vocal or unplugged instrumental. Just be sure you can carry your instrument as you walk onstage, and it does not require electricity.
- Acts must be appropriate for a variety of ages and be celebratory–lively and inspiring–something that makes an audience feel good and come to life.
Auditions are scheduled for May 23, 6-8 PM, and May 24 at 7-9 PM at the Capitol Theatre, 155 South Main Street in Chambersburg. It is a closed audition format.
Entry fee is $10 before the event and $15 at the door.
WAYS TO SIGN UP TO AUDITION:
- Contact the Franklin County Visitors Bureau at 717.552.2977 or toll-free at 866.646.8060 and sign up.
- Drop by the Visitors Bureau Office, 37 South Main Street, Chambersburg, in person to register and pay.
- Download the 2017 A Cappella registration form and release form and send them by mail to the Franklin County Visitors Bureau office or drop them off.
- An online link to register will become available shortly.
Here is how Acappella & Unplugged works:
- Top performers from the audition will be invited to perform and compete in Acappella & Unplugged ROUND 1, June 17 @ 7 PM, onstage at the Capitol Theatre, where a panel of judges will select the top six acts.
- From here, in ROUND 2, voting goes public. Beginning Monday, June 27, at noon, friends, family, and the general public can vote by liking the act on Franklin County Visitors Bureau Facebook page–www.Facebook.com/FCVBen.
- The three performers with the highest number of likes will advance to the FINALS and perform on the courthouse steps the evening of July 15 as part of the festivities leading up to the 1864 light show.
- After the performance on the courthouse steps, the WINNER will be selected by tabulating in-person votes and Facebook votes. The act with the most votes wins the $500 prize.
All previous year’s participants, except the winning performers, are invited to return to Acappella & Unplugged 2017.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Visitors Bureau at 717.552.2977 or toll-free at 866.646.8060.