Franklin County Visitors Bureau Celebrates Holiday Season With Festival of Trees
Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to join in the holiday spirit at the 2019 Festival of Trees, held in the 11/30 Visitors Center–the former 1865 National Bank of Chambersburg on the square. The festival opens at 4 PM in time for the November 23 Chambersburg Christmas parade and continues until Christmas on Main, December 6. Come see beautifully decorated trees and wreaths. Enjoy a holiday train display, courtesy of Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Club, in the lobby of the visitors center, explore children’s activities in the Discovery Vault, and videos of history in the Video Vault.
Visitors can vote for their favorite tree or wreath as well as participate in the silent auction to take home a tree or wreath. Funds raised will support cancer initiatives of WellSpan Health in Franklin County, including Hennessy Home and the Oncology Bridge Fund.
Specific hours of the display are:
- November 23 from 4-8 PM coinciding with Santa’s arrival during Chambersburg’s Annual Christmas Parade at 6 PM.
- November 25-27, 8 AM to 4L30 PM
- Small Business Saturday, November 30, from 10 AM to 2 PM and 5 PM to 6:30 PM.December 6 during Visitor Center hours Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM.
- December2-5, 8 AM to 6 PM
- December 6 -Christmas on Main First Friday, 8 AM – 8 PM..
- Also, special evening hours by appointment for groups; please contact 717-552-2977
Trees and wreaths are being decorated by local organizations such as Greater Chambersburg Chamber, Greencastle Chamber, Greater Waynesboro Area Chamber, Totem Pole Playhouse, Holiday Inn Express, Marco Technology, Chambersburg Quilt Guild, and others!
Admission to the festival is free. Visitors may voter for their favorite tree or wreath by purchasing four ballots for $1. Silent auction bids can be placed in person, via phone at 866-646-8060 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Silent auction amounts will be displayed in the Visitors Center and online. Current bid amounts will be updated online daily at www.explorefranklincountypa.com. Final votes for favorites and final bids for the silent auction will close at 7:45 PM on December 6 with winners being announced at 8 PM.