Franklin County Festival of Trees
November 20 – December 4
Benefits the WellSpan Cancer Services
Franklin County Visitors Bureau (FCVB) is excited to bring holiday cheer to a challenging 2020. Lift your holiday spirits at the 2nd annual 2020 Festival of Trees, held in the Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center–the former 1865 National Bank of Chambersburg on the square. The festival opens at 4 PM on November 20. Come see beautifully decorated trees and wreaths. Enjoy a holiday train display, courtesy of Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Club, in the lobby of the visitors center, and family fun in downtown Chambersburg.
Visitors can vote for their favorite tree or wreath as well as participate in the silent auction to take home a tree or wreath. Funds raised will support cancer initiatives of WellSpan Health in Franklin County.
Join FCVB on Facebook Live for holiday art with Susan Shaffer of Joyful Arts in Greencastle and cookie decorating tips. Leisa McCracken, now with FCVB staff and former owner of Willow Tree Gifts, will show off home-for-the-holidays decorating.
Festival of Trees hours:
- Friday, November 20, 4 PM to 7 PM- SPECIAL GUEST: Santa for socially distanced selfies and photos
- Saturday, November 21, 10 AM-2 PM
- Monday, November 23 thru November 25 – 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Small Business Saturday, November 28 – Open 8 AM to 6 PM – SPECIAL GUEST: Santa for socially distanced selfies and photos – Noon to 4 PM
- Monday, November 30, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment –
- Tuesday, December 1, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment – SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: Home For The Holidays Decorating hosted by Leisa McCracken – Noon – 1 PM
- Wednesday, December 2, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment – – SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: JOY Painting with Susan Shaffer of Joyful Arts in Greencastle- 6 PM to 9 PM. Fee is $15.
- Thursday, December 3, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment – SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: Cookie Decorating Tips & Tricks – 1 PM – 2:30 PM
- Friday, December 4, 8 AM – 8 PM; voting closes at 7:30 PM; winner announced by 8 PM – SPECIAL GUEST: Santa for socially distanced selfies and photos, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- CLOSED Sundays
Admission to Festival of Trees is free. To view Festival of Trees, outside the regular hours, please contact FCVB at 717.552.2977 or 866.646.8060 to make an appointment. FCVB can also coordinate special times for socially distanced photos with Santa. Please try to give a one- or two-day notice; it is Santa’s busy season.
Trees and wreaths are being decorated by local organizations. Visitors may vote for their favorite tree or wreath by purchasing four ballots for $1. Silent auction bids can be placed in person, via phone at 866-646-8060 or by emailing email@example.com. Silent auction amounts will be displayed in the Visitors Center and online. Current bid amounts will be updated online daily at explorefranklincountypa.com. Final votes for favorites and final bids for the silent auction will close at 7 PM on December 4 with winners being announced the same night.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to explore history, arts and architecture, recreation, natural beauty, fresh foods and the warm hospitality of communities like Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, and Waynesboro. Franklin County PA is located just north of the Mason Dixon Line and is an easy drive to Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Plan a visit at ExploreFranklinCountyPA.com, contacting 866.646.8060, or stopping by the Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center on the square in downtown Chambersburg.
We hope to see you!